Monday, March 8, 2010

Ham Sandwich Mr. Stallone?

So far in our movie projects things are going well. In class last week we were able to get into our groups and dig deeper into what we were planning on doing. As I currently sit here, in the middle of some no fun wiley physics problems, I am excited about our movie production. Granted physics is that boring, it has been a good experience so far to work with Jenny, Imran, and Jordan. It seems as if everyone in our group is on the same page and hopes to produce together a good film. Casting the parts for our movie I believe will be the most difficult part. Everyone in our group is easy going so I doubt if there will be any fights or anything of that sort. It looks like our action film is set to be a thriller. I think Jenny has already been thinking about some of the shots she would like to get and has an idea of how the movie should look in her mind. That is exciting. My job is editing. I am not the least bit worried about my job because I know the filming process will make it easy. I am looking forward to editing and putting in sound. The neatest part of the film process is sound recording. Lucky you Jordan.

In class we watched some neat clips about making movies on a low budget. It seems as if the limits of this film will be more our minds than our pocketbooks. (although I don't think we can get Sylvester Stallone for a ham sandwich and a ding dong) A difficult part so far in our planning has been trying to maintain continuity throughout our movie. Since we are cutting so much and will be shooting multiple angles, we have to spend a lot of time considering how we can keep everything the same. It wouldn't make sense for our star to one second be running on the sidewalk next to a building and the next be running through the parking lot with three people walking beside him. This along with casting seem to be the most difficult part of movie making. We really don't want to have anyone in our group in the film, I don't think. So it is difficult to find people to work for free who we think would do a good job. (there are always people who want attention and would love to be in a movie) Hopefully we will be able to find some natural born actors and keep continuity.

2 comments:

  1. Apart from the casting, I am a little worried about having enough time to film.

    Other than that, I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good things to be thinking about. Sounds like you're on track!

    ReplyDelete